- Why Do I Need to Install Shopify Apps?
- 12 Best Shopify apps to increase sales
- 1. GemPages Powerful Page Builder
- 2. WhatsApp Marketing + Helpdesk
- 3. Judge.me Product Reviews
- 4. Omnisend Email Marketing & SMS
- 5. Klaviyo: Email Marketing & SMS
- 6. Growave: Loyalty, Wishlist +3
- 7. Hextom: Ultimate Sales Boost
- 8. Cross Sell & Cart Upsell
- 9. Instafeed ‑ Instagram Feed
- 10. Translate Your Store ‑ Weglot
- 11. ReConvert Upsell & Cross-sell
- 12. Infinite Options
- Final thoughts on must-have Shopify apps
The Shopify App Store consists of more than 7,000 Shopify apps to increase your sales and scale your business. But here’s the thing – when you have too many choices, it can be hard to decide what’s right for you.
While you can easily be tempted to install dozens of apps, a wise piece of advice is to actually be very selective about the apps you choose. Too many apps can impact your store’s load speed, so you should only consider the ones that will add value to your business.
In this blog post, we’ll guide you through some of the must-have Shopify apps for almost any type of eCommerce business.
But first, if you haven’t got one already, you’ll need to open a Shopify store.
Why Do I Need to Install Shopify Apps?
For those of you who are completely new to the Shopify platform, Shopify apps are plugins that enhance your storefront and its functions. Although Shopify is a powerful platform in and of itself, with the help of these apps, its power can be taken to the next level.
About 87% of Shopify merchants say that they trust and depend on Shopify apps to run their businesses. These apps provide various additional functions like store design, marketing, customer support, product reviews, loyalty programs, and search engine optimization (SEO), just to name a few.
These apps can help you, as Shopify puts it: “Stand out. Sell more. Scale fast.”
But with so many apps to choose from, which apps should you get?
Here’s a list of 10 of the best for increasing your sales.
12 Best Shopify apps to increase sales
1. GemPages Powerful Page Builder
First impressions have an altogether different level of importance in online businesses. Visual appearance is vital to attracting website visitors and getting them to make a purchase.
GemPages is a dynamic page builder for Shopify.
Studies have found that it takes about 50 milliseconds for someone to assess the visual appeal of a website. Also, looking at the increasing trend of online shopping through mobile devices, it’s clear websites must have a responsive design.
Now, if you are wondering how to give your website all these elements–great branding and an aesthetically pleasing design, with a responsive layout–GemPages is the all-in-one solution you’ve been waiting for. With over 3,130 five-star reviews and an overall rating of 4.9 stars out of five on the Shopify App Store, GemPages is one of the best Shopify apps for website design.
- Easy-to-use page editor: Build a homepage, landing page, collection page, product page, blog page, coming soon page or about us page easily with GemPages’ drag-and-drop page editor.
- Responsive design: This ensures that your website looks great on all devices and screen sizes.
- SEO Optimization: Improves your website’s searchability with meta tags, alt text, and thumbnail images.
- No page limitations: Create unlimited pages on all GemPages plans.
- Advanced compatibility: Online Store 2.0 compatible app that supports most Shopify themes.
- 30+ Integrations: GemPages can be used seamlessly with 30 other Shopify apps.
- A huge library of elements and templates: 60+ elements and 60+ templates that can help you get started easily.
Pricing: There is a free plan available with no credit card required. After that plans start at USD $29/month.
2. WhatsApp Marketing + Helpdesk
DelightChat is a WhatsApp Business solution that helps DTC brands run their marketing and customer service through WhatsApp.It has a bunch of fantastic features that can make customer service a breeze and boost your sales and conversions.
Grow your sales by leveraging the power of WhatsApp
- Shared inbox to manage WhatsApp, Instagram, FB, Email & Live Chat queries
- Smart automations with ability to reply quickly using templates, easy team collaboration on support queries
- Official WhatsApp Business API
- WhatsApp Marketing features like sending bulk broadcasts to customer lists
Pricing: The startup plan starts at USD $49/month (14-day free trial available)
3. Judge.me Product Reviews
Customer reviews work as social proof and boost the credibility of your business. According to a report by Product Reviews, nearly 95% of customers said that they consider customer reviews in their buying decisions.
Judge.me allows you to add text, photos, and video reviews to your Shopify store. This can help boost your sales as your potential customers can see your products being used by real people.
Judge.me is a fast-loading, fully customizable review app in 37 languages
- Unlimited options: No limits on review requests, orders, and imports.
- Review carousel: Six free review carousel themes to showcase your best ratings.
- Manual & automated requests: Keep receiving reviews on autopilot mode, or send manual requests, or do both.
- Share reviews on social media: Build the trust of your customers through your reviews on various social media channels.
Pricing: Offers a free forever plan. Paid plans start at USD $15/month.
4. Omnisend Email Marketing & SMS
Omnisend is an email & SMs marketing automation platform that’s squarely focused on helping ecommerce businesses build customer loyalty and generate sales. Omnisend makes this easy by allowing businesses to build their email & SMS lists with popups, landing pages, and more. Then, stores can easily build emails with their drag and drop builder, and set up automation workflows to send messages automatically.
Setting up these workflows is easy, with Omnisend’s vast library of high-converting workflows for any situation. Lastly, through segmentation and reporting, ecommerce stores can get insights into who their best (and struggling) customers are, and set up campaigns and workflows for them.
- Easy-to-build automation workflows: use high-converting templates like welcome emails, abandoned cart, product and browse abandonment, post-purchase, etc.
- Super segmentation: use one-click presets to target specific customer groups, or build your own segments easily. Omnisend offers unlimited segments for their plans
- Various signup forms: this includes exit-intent popups, teasers, embedded forms, landing pages, promotions, back-in-stock, and more
- Reporting: find out how your campaigns, workflows, and more are performing so you can improve using those insights
- Global SMS: truly global SMS lets you send text messages to any country in the world
Pricing: A free plan for up to 250 contacts/month and 60 free SMS. Paid plans start from $16/month.
5. Klaviyo: Email Marketing & SMS
Email marketing is one of the most effective and affordable marketing strategies to increase your sales. Statistics show that 99% of email users check their emails almost every day and some of them check their emails up to 20 times a day!
Klaviyo is an email and sms marketing app for Shopify.
With Klaviyo, you can set up automated email marketing campaigns. And not just emails, Klaviyo also offers SMS marketing campaigns to leverage your contacts to bring sales through text messages as well.
- Ready-to-use automations: Pre-built but customizable automations such as: welcome series, abandoned cart, browse abandonment, and product review/cross-sell.
- Lists and segments: Personalize emails through segmentation to ensure email content is relevant to the recipient.
- Signup forms: Create an email signup form/popup to encourage email subscriptions.
- Analytics: Use data and reports to get insights about the factors that are driving sales.
Pricing: Free plan for up to 250 email contacts and 50 SMS contacts. Paid plans starting from USD $20/month for email and USD $5/month for SMS.
6. Growave: Loyalty, Wishlist +3
Right off the bat, one aspect that your business should be focused on is building customer loyalty. Did you know that gaining a new customer can be anywhere between five to 25 times more costly than keeping the existing one?
A loyalty program can help you to build customer loyalty. Growave is one of the most affordable Shopify apps offering a loyalty program. It also has many other useful features too.
Leverage rewards, reviews, UGC, wishlists to grow sales with Growave
- Loyalty program: Offer rewards to your customers for various activities and create VIP tiers to boost customer loyalty.
- Product reviews: Enhance social proof by collecting photo reviews and site/brand testimonials from your customers.
- Wishlist: Allow your customers to add products to their wishlist and use the functionality in email marketing to promote the products saved in their wishlists.
- Referral program: Reward your customers for referring their family members and friends.
- Instagram feed: Convert your Instagram content into shoppable galleries to increase your sales.
Pricing: The basic plan starts at USD $9/month (30-day free trial available)
7. Hextom: Ultimate Sales Boost
Urgency and scarcity, if used in the right way, can help you increase your store’s conversions. Another important factor, especially for online businesses, is earning the trust of your customers. According to Adobe, seven out of 10 customers will purchase more when they have trust in the brand.
Hextom is an app that creates urgency through features like countdown timers and trust badges.
So, the next one on our list of best apps for Shopify is Hextom: Ultimate Sales Boost. As the name suggests, it offers you multiple tools to boost your sales. This app allows you to add urgency to products and collections, as well as to cart pages.
- Countdown timer: Show countdown timer on collection and product pages with a free plan (homepage is only covered in paid plans).
- Inventory countdown: Add an inventory countdown to show how much stock you have left.
- Trust badges: Showcase your trust badges on product pages.
Pricing: Free plan available, paid plan starts at USD $9.99/month
Note: As you go for higher paid plans, you can add features such as a get-it-by timer, buy one get one free messages, smart labels, and much more.
(See also, How to add Ultimate Sales Boost to your store)
8. Cross Sell & Cart Upsell
Cross-selling is a sales strategy to encourage customers to purchase more products related to the main product they’re purchasing. In contrast, upselling encourages customers to purchase higher-end or more advanced versions of the same product.
All in all, both of these strategies help businesses to increase their revenue and average order value (AOV). Cross Sell & Cart Upsell app gives your store a way to show related and frequently bought products together. It can be done on the product page as well as the cart and thank-you pages.
Hand-pick Cross Sell recommendations on a per-product basis for your website to increase sales
- Multiple products to cross-sell: Up to 15 items per page.
- AI-generated recommendations: Product recommendations based on the customer’s history on your website as well as orders and collections.
- Attract customers through popups: Show your customers recommended products through popups.
- Offer discounts: Various types of discount offers such as fixed amount, percentage-based, and “buy X get Y” offers.
Pricing: Free plan available, paid plan starts at USD $29.99/month (14-day free trial).
9. Instafeed ‑ Instagram Feed
We all know that Instagram is one of the most loved social media platforms in the world. According to its global advertising audience reach numbers, Instagram has over a billion users all over the world. This creates a huge opportunity for all business owners.
Instafeed - Instagram Feed is an app that connects your Shopify store and Instagram account.
Instafeed can help you leverage your Instagram content and bring in more sales. This Shopify app allows you to create and showcase custom shoppable Instagram feeds on your store’s website. This way, you can use your Instagram account to automatically upload new content to your website.
- Compatibility: Supports all themes without impacting your store’s speed.
- Customize as you need: Allows you to insert feed title, manage space between posts or simply let it show optimal layout based on screen size.
- Layout styles: Display posts in a grid or slider layout.
- With paid plans, you may add even more features such as reels, likes and followers, product tagging, and post filtration by hashtags.
Pricing: Free plan available, paid plan starts at USD $5.99/month
10. Translate Your Store ‑ Weglot
Translating your store into a local language can help you connect with them in a more personalized way. It can also help boost your store’s SEO and give you an advantage over your competitors.
Weglot helps you to translate your store within a few minutes using machine translation. It also allows you to edit translations easily with its visual editor if needed.
Translate your store into multiple languages without any code.
- Plenty of language options: Offers translations into 100+ languages.
- SEO-oriented approach: Helps you create unique URLs with its subdomain integration.
- Ease of use: Automatically detects content on your website and translates it through machine translation.
- Manage translations with the team: Translate easily with a visual editor and invite team members to review and edit.
Pricing: Free for translations of up to 2000 words in one language. Paid plans start at USD $9.99/month for up to 10,000 words in one language.
11. ReConvert Upsell & Cross-sell
As a business owner, you’re always looking for opportunities to upsell and cross-sell. ReConvert Upsell & Cross-sell helps you upsell at your checkout and thank you pages, and helps you upsell post-purchase as well.
ReConvert Upsell & Cross sell can boost sales by suggesting additional items to their customers.
This app also shows smart AI-based product recommendations. All these efforts can convert into more sales as your customers see more relevant products when making any purchase.
- Upsell after checkout page: Make the most out of the thank you page through upsells, cross-sells, pop-up discounts, etc.
- Compatibility: Supports any Shopify theme
- Funnel editor: Drag-and-drop builder to help you make changes to the funnel easily
- Branding of your store: Automatically adapts your brand’s color scheme and theme to maintain consistency in branding
Pricing: Free plan for up to 49 monthly store orders (30-day free trial available).Paid plans starting from USD $7.99/month for up to 99 monthly store orders.
12. Infinite Options
Offering customized products as per a customer’s needs is a great way to personalize their buying experience. According to a study, 36% of customers showed interest in buying personalized products or services.
Infinite Options lets you create various customized fields such as dropdown menus, checkboxes, image swatches, calendars, and text and number inputs.
Also, if your product requires more than 100 variants, this app can help you create those as well.
Product options, swatches, input fields, bundling, and more.
- Provide unlimited options: Create unlimited number of product options that can be added easily
- Placeholder and default values: Insert placeholder texts or default values as you need
- Product bundling functionality: Add charges for additional services or add-ons
- Conditional logic: Set conditional logic for custom fields
Pricing: Only one paid plan at USD $9.99/month (14-day free trial available).
Helpful Tip: Before installing this app, it is recommended that you duplicate your theme and run tests to see if everything works like you expect. By doing this, you will be able to go back to the previous version of your theme if it doesn’t work correctly.
Final thoughts on must-have Shopify apps
If you want to give your business a competitive edge, you should definitely take advantage of the amazing features and functions these Shopify apps can bring to your store.
If you’re wondering how many apps you should install in your store, there’s no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. It depends on your business requirements and the kind of apps that you’re choosing to install. That said, the ten apps we have listed above are a great place to start and if you can’t find it in this list there are plenty more in the Shopify app store.